It was just over two months ago that I published Being There, and I’ve learned a few things along the way that I thought I would share:
- If you want do something, I mean, really want to do it, you will find a way to make it happen. You may fail, but you’ll never know if you never try. Mine was to write a novel, and watching that dream turn into a reality is beyond amazing. I want that for everyone who dreams big!
- Accept help from people when they offer it, and ask for it when you need it. There are so many amazing writers who have done things and carved the path for the rest of us. Don’t ride their coattails, but learn from them and make your own way. Respect the time, energy, and resources they expended to grow their brand; grow your’s with hard work and determination, just like they did.
- You have to have a thick skin to do this, and if you don’t have one, grow it fast. People aren’t going to hold back to spare your feelings, but take them with a grain of salt. You can’t please everyone all the time. Be okay with that.
- Like most things in life, not everything comes easy. I have had moments where I’m unsure if I’m doing what I’m meant to do. Fortunately for me, these WFFDs take the opportunity to remind me (and others like me) why we do what we do…because we love it. Anything worth having is worth fighting for, so whatever it is you want out of life, career, family or faith, fight for it.
- If you don’t like something, change it. Nothing is set in stone until you decide you’re done. So do with it, what you want, and tune out the naysayers, because they are there.
Well, that just about sums up my thoughts on the last two months of being published. It’s been an awesome ride and changes everyday.
In the meantime… 😉
My, still UNTITLED #1 WIP has been sitting idle, while I work on UNTITLED #2 WIP. The good news is, #2 has a title!! If you were on Facebook last night, you would have seen the I HEART BOOKS takeover **exclusive**, featuring yours truly. Visit their Facebook page for all the details. It was so much fun!
Who am I kidding, I can’t keep a secret, or wait! So, the title of BOOK#2 is….
MINE TO LOSE
Needless to say, I am busy working on Ryan and Emogen’s story, spoiler alert…it’s a love story! Ha-ha. I’ll share more, very soon, or you can get a little spoiler on the I HEART BOOKS page.
If you have yet to read Being There, click any of the links below to get your copy:
😉 If you don’t know, The Beatles are one of my favorite bands of all time. This song was just fitting!