This week’s Author Spotlight comes a day late, but good things, people! 😉 Youngblood published her debut novel, Coming Back to You, this summer, and hasn’t stopped. Her next novel, Bare Hearts, is due out in December. You can find out more about this and her other books by clicking any of the links at the bottom of this post. Here we go…
Synopsis of Coming Back to You:
Twenty-three year old Maura is still coping with her parents’ sudden death two years ago. She recently graduated from college and now has her own catering business. A best friend-roommate who has been there through it all and helps make life manageable.
Until her first love Pierson Hammer comes walking back into her life.
Pierson has demons of his own, after serving in the military for five years. Tormented from his past and present. he comes home hoping to make amends with Maura.
Can Maura forgive Pierson for leaving her all those years ago? Can she trust him with her future? Will she open herself up completely.
**Warning: Contains strong language, and sexual situations. Not recommended to those under 18**
Get to Know..
- You published your first book “Coming Back to You,” this summer. What has that experience been like for you? ~ Crazy! I never thought I would have a book published. I just figured those thoughts would stay in my head forever. But they had a story that needed told and I wrote it. It’s been one hell of a ride.
- Is there any part of your books that you can personally relate to? Do any of the characters have traits that are “you”? ~ I throw a little of myself in each of my characters. Maura was strong willed and stood her ground, Ruby was the best friend I never had! And Pierson, well he has a heart of gold and deep down is a good guy.
- Your next book, “Bare Hearts” recently had a cover reveal, which is so intriguing, and I know that ARCs will be sent out soon. What can you tell us about this book, that we can’t find somewhere else? ~ Well it is a spin off from an “event” in Coming Back to You but can be read as a stand alone. It’s about two people finding each other/love in the mist of their own tragedies, in their darkest moments. And Lily is so scared to get hurt, she has a hard time letting Parker in completely because she’s had a rough childhood, she doesn’t trust easily. And Parker doesn’t go without a fight. He fights for them to be together. And there is a little twist in there that’s not mentioned in the blurb.
- Did you always want to be a writer? ~ Yes, I’ve always been a thinker and my imagination is always going somewhere, why not put it to paper.
- Did you try to go the traditional route, when it came to publishing, or did you already know you wanted to self-publish? Why? ~ No, I wanted control over my own writing, especially just starting out I wanted to go the INDIE route.
- What do you consider the hardest part of writing? What is your favorite part? ~ Hardest, and I think a lot will relate to is, editing! It’s such a tedious process. And the best part is putting it out there for others to read, and it’s even more awesome if they can relate to the characters and enjoy it.
- You have some great reviews for “Coming Back to You,” (congratulations!) do you read your reviews, or do they make you too nervous? ~ Thanks. Yes I do read reviews but they also make me nervous.
- What do you think is the biggest misconception about writing a book? ~ That some might think it’s easy, because it is by far NOT the easiest thing to do.
- When your readers contact you about your books, what do they say? ~I don’t get a lot of feedback from readers, they haven’t contacted me personally. But I do read their reviews and I appreciate it.
- Do you have other books that you are currently working on? Can you tell us anything about them? ~ Oh YES I am working on my third book that will be a NEW series of two to three books. I haven’t seen any others writing about “said” storyline either. But the first book will be a tearjerker, so be prepared to have tissues on hand when it does release. They are my favorite characters to write so far, and I’m so happy with the cover as well!
- Who would you consider your inspiration personally? Professionally? ~ Gosh, that is kinda hard. I have so many author friends I look up to and I love talking with them on a daily basis.
- Has your husband read your books? If so, what does he say about them? ~ He hasn’t, says he wants to to, but he hasn’t made the time. He is very involved in my writing though, as far as ideas he is my go to guy for certain subjects. He is my biggest supporter and always asks me about my stories.
- What would you consider to be your biggest accomplishment? ~ Publishing my first book. I’ve learned so much along the way and I only hope that I continue to grow.
- If someone asked for your advice about writing a book, what would it be? ~ Take your time, do your research, and don’t be hard on yourself . Writing is a journey and a learning process.
- Who do you consider to be your favorite authors? ~ S. L Jennings LOVE her Dark Light series.
- Are you reading anything right now? ~ Right now I’m reading Saving Cassie by L.A Remenicky, it’s a very unique storyline and I’m enjoying it.
- If you could say anything to your readers, what would it be? ~ That I appreciate their support and I hope they continue reading my work.