Before I disappear for the day to celebrate the ending of one year and the beginning of another, I wanted to take a moment to think (write) about 2013.
This year has flown past in the blink of an eye. I seriously have to make a list of the thing that have happened (in no particular order):
- I started writing a book! It was a bucket list item to even begin it, and once I started, I couldn’t stop. I loved every second of creating a place for Cass in my life, and for those who love her (and Drew).
- I published a book! Holy crap! I published a book!! After I finished writing, Being There, my husband kept insisting that I needed to publish. It was absolutely terrifying and exciting all at once. I have loved the messages on Facebook that I have received from readers who enjoyed it. Totally makes me smile. 🙂
- I got to go to Colorado! I have NEVER been before, and I got to make the trip with my husband, kids and my bestie and her family. I rode horses in the mountains….WTF!? It was too cool! The best part, definitely white water rafting, which was another bucket list item. And to our guide who made it his mission to drench me…told you you’d be in my book. Just saying’!
- The worst part of my year was just a couple of weeks ago when my little Dixie, my puppy of 13 years, died. I miss her so much. She was a staple in my life and I swear I still see her around my house when I’m writing, cleaning or especially late at night when it would just be me and her. She always waited up for me to go to bed and our family is a little smaller now.
- Got to see Mumford & Sons with my mom, sis, niece, best friend and my girls! The most AMAZING concert I have ever been to!!! I would totally go again in a heartbeat and I recommend everyone to go see them. I’m still on cloud nine when I think about it.
- I wrote another book. Yep, if you have followed this blog, this isn’t news to you. I am putting the finishing touches on the formatting and it is scheduled to release on January 9, 2014, which also happens to be my birthday! I’m pretty excited and scared and worried and everything else, all at once.
- Went tailgating. I realize this isn’t a big deal to most, but I have NEVER done this before and I did it…TWICE! Once for the Houston Texans game with my parents and my sister, the other with my hubby at the A&M v LSU game. Shocker….my team lost BOTH games, but whatever, it was fun and I’ve never done that before.
- I went to my first author signing. I’ve never done that either! I got to go and see Molly McAdams and Colleen Hoover, both of whom I love so much! Highlight, I got to meet R.S. Grey, who will be sharing a table with me for the Houston Author Signing in February. I love this girl…she is so cute and sweet, I’m so excited to spend the day with her again. (OMG…we’re signing, WTF!?!?)
These are just SOME of the things that came to mind. I have loved 2013, I’ll miss it, but I also have high expectations of 2014. You better deliver 😉 .
I hope everyone has a fun, safe and awesome New Years Eve.
😎 Don’t drink and drive 😉