I’ve been having a hard time coming up with blog posts lately. Really hard!! Part of that is because I’ve been working on a story that I’m very excited about and the other because my kids are in school and activities, so they are keeping me busy.
I love talking books and about the writers I love. My friend, Chew and I share very
similar books likes. Honestly, our interests couldn’t be more alike if we tried. We recommend books to each other all the time. (She reads way more than me. I’m jealous!) Kim & Kare are pretty eclectic in their reading tastes, I mean, the things they recommend are so different that I’m intrigued enough to give it a try. Since I don’t get to read as often as I used to, my TBR has continued to grow while the books I’ve actually read hasn’t grown much.
I’m almost finished with my WIP (that I’m so excited about) and I will finally get to sit and read some (also excited about this). This got me to thinking…especially since someone recently asked me about the books I’ve read lately. I figured why not share some of them here (FYI, this is not a complete list. Hell, even my GR list isn’t complete. LOL!):
(Click any underlined text to go to the buy page or author page)
- Word Play by Amalie Silver: Satire. Light. Funny. Original. (Currently on sale on Amazon) I enjoyed this book so much. Must read with a sense of humor because it’s satire. Amalie is one of the sweetest people you could ever meet. ❤
- The Roam Series by Kimberly Stedronsky: Paranormal Romance. I think it’s safe to say people know how much I love this girl! I read these books over a year ago and fell in love with West. I highly recommend this book!
- Any book by A. Meredith Walters: YA. NA. Dark Romance. I first read Bap Rep and enjoyed the writing and the story which lead me to Find You in the Dark; I was blown away by this series. I love Maggie and Clay. Now, possibly my favorite? Reclaiming the Sand. Read. It. Now!
- Colleen Hoover. Yes, I realize that this is broad, but really, it covers everything. I have read and loved all of her books. I don’t think anyone can go wrong with a Colleen Hoover novel.
- Odium by Claire C. Riley: Horror. Disclaimer: I don’t do scary! At all!! But, I love Claire and told her I was diving in and I’d see her on the other side. I couldn’t put this book down. My imagination was working overtime and everything about the story was so well done.
- Remembering Us by Stacey Lynn: NA. Romance. This one just made me smile. What can I say? I loved the characters and how my mind constantly questioned where the story was going.
- Love Hacked by Penny Reid: Contemporary Romance. Smart. Funny. Sexy. Based on those words alone, you know you want to read it. And if that’s not enough…Penny is the ONLY Falconer. Just ask her!
So, as you can tell, most of these books have been out a while, which tells you I don’t get to read too often. 😦 BUT, there’s a silver lining!! I plan to wrap up Finding Laila this week and send it on to Betas. While it is in their wonderful hands, I will be reading!! It’s like a dream come true!! What will I be reading??
***LEAVE A COMMENT ON THIS BLOG POST AND YOU’LL BE ENTERED FOR A SIGNED PAPERBACK GIVEAWAY! LIST BOOKS YOU THINK I SHOULD ADD TO MY TBR WHEN I’M DONE WITH FINDING LAILA. 😉
- Lead Me Not by A. Meredith Walters
- Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover
- Odium II by Claire C. Riley
- Lost & Found by Lori Otto
- The Perfect Game by J. Sterling
I know there are more that I would love to add to both lists, but I’m running on fumes at this point.
Have an excellent day!
😎 Step Behind by Tripping Daisy – I wish they were still around because – totally awesomeness!