Happy Monday! Today is the first day I’ve been able to sit in front of my computer since the RT Roundup. I’m not sure where to start…so let’s just get to it. Please excuse me if it’s all over the place. This was a year in the making, so seeing everyone and hanging out was high on my list of “to-do” items.
- Amalie Silver – Thursday, I went to Hobby Airport to pick up my friend, co-author, and this all around super awesome chick. Amalie Silver (or Amy as she kept telling everyone)…come to think of it, I’m not sure WHO she really is (J/K). I just love her. I was so ready to get the girls off to school the next day so I could see her and visit and just chill. (No, not Netflix and Chill…just chill.) Spending the weekend with one of my dear friends was exactly what I needed. You know you’re close when there are barely any secrets between you. Lol! I miss you Amy.
- Penny Reid – OMG. Penny!! We didn’t see much of each other the couple of days we were there. But seeing her face and hugging her…best! I texted her last night because I knew she was still around. We decided to get together for breakfast and I gave her a ride to the airport. It was all part of my master plan to get some alone time from one of the good guys. Anyone who knows Penny knows I speak the truth here. She is absolutely one of those people who gets it and doesn’t get caught up in the drama out there. And her PA Angie is right there too. I love Angie and wish I could see her more. Shocking we don’t since I’m in CS almost every weekend during football season. LOL.
- Sierra Cartwright – Sierra lives close enough that we could see each other everyday. But we don’t. So I have to settle for the now – 5 month – spurts. But seeing her and chatting and getting her wonderful guidance and support is enough to make any girl feel special. I wish Whit had been able to make it in town for this event, but you can’t control everything. I’ll see her sometime soon, I hope! ❤
- Molly McAdams – ALWAYS a highlight for me. Molly is one of the most genuine, sweet, funny, and adorable people I know. Period. She was there with Cory and their precious little Angel. I wish I had gotten to visit more, but Peese and my mom got to see her, it’s been almost 2 years for them. Yeah….Peese was pretty excited. She took me aside and asked, “Are we allowed to read Mrs. Molly’s books?” Molly and I both said. “No.” LOL!!
- Colleen Hoover & Anna Todd – Again, Colleen is someone I always love seeing. She and Anna had tables back to back and I have to saw, Amy/Amalie and I were in awe of the fans waiting to see them. Seriously…crazy long line and so impressive to see them interact with these readers.
- Mom, Peese, Sis and Niece – All 4 came to check out the signing and I think Sis and Niece were beyond excited about CoHo! (Isn’t everyone!?!) Peese got to see many of my author friends that she’s only heard of, as well as see some old faces. Best part, loved when mom saw Erin Spencer of SBBB. We go WAAAYYYY back. Lol. P.S. Erin and Katie were also lovely highlights to Saturday!! ❤ I love my family for coming out and supporting me and my fellow authors.
- CJ Roberts – Okay, let me say this now…I LOVE CJ! She’s so stinkin’ cute and funny. I don’t think these words do her justice. Charming. She’s utterly charming and had us laughing so much. I don’t know when I get to see her again, but it’s not soon enough!
- Erin Noelle & Kayla Robichaux & Blue – We didn’t get to spend as much time as I’d like, but luckily, we all live close enough to do it soon. Our little trio headed over to a panel where some super sweet ladies joined us as we talked books and publishing. Thank you to all those ladies for visiting with us!! And Blue…you were having too much fun. You need to fix that. LOL! I’m sorry we didn’t see more of each other…and where the hell was my sitter????? I really needed her!!!
- Lynsey & SL – When I see Lynsey, she starts out quiet…keeping to herself for a bit. And then BAM! Lol. She is sweet and her smile is contagious. Amalie/Amy and I sat with her at the bar for hours harassing Patrick the bartender and talking all things books. And where Lynsey is, I know I’ll see SL. I think Lynsey and SL have the same disease…they spread smiles…it’s contagious! I will forever be grateful to SL for putting me in touch with her sweet momma who is our travel agent. And I finally got to meet her too!!
- Husband – My husband came to the hotel Saturday after doing all parent duties for the weekend and dropping the girls off with my parents. I don’t talk about him often because he’s special to me and I keep the special for me. But I’m so blessed to have him by my side supporting me. I’d be lost without him. And this is the one time he got to actually be with me and not have to be the DD. Needless to say, we had a blast together and with everyone there. I blame Heather Lane and Sierra for getting me drunk, since they bought me the 2 drinks I hadn’t planned on. LOL!
I’m sure I’ve missed something here, but I’m still trying to come down from this weekend. I loved meeting everyone and thank you so much for the kind words and support. It means more than I can express.